A narcissist is the ultimate master of disguise and they enjoy what they do, the bigger the impact the better as far as they are concerned. What you see in the person initially is 100% fake and once they have pulled you into their fantasy world the mask comes off and the reality of your situation is revealed.
They are self-indulgent and are out for all they can get from anyone who crosses their path. They have no real interest in having friends or a relationship, why? Because they are incapable of having them that’s why.
They pull people in, they lie to them, they cheat on them, they use them up and what they leave behind is someone badly damaged and in need of seeking professional help for their recovery.
Jeffrey Kluger, author of the book ‘The Narcissist Next Door’ explained, “Narcissism falls along the axis of what psychologists call personality disorders, one of a group that includes antisocial, dependent, histrionic, avoidant and borderline personalities. But by most measures, narcissism is one of the worst, if only because the narcissists themselves are so clueless.”
Here Are 19 Thoughts Shared By Narcissists The World Over:
1. I Wish That People Would Be Able To See Just How Much Knowledge I Have. If They Could See It, They Would Listen And Obey That Which I Am Saying Knowing That It Would Be Better For Them In The Long Run.
2. I act as though I am unconcerned entirely about how others view me, but this isn’t entirely true. I am okay with being seen as arrogant or self-centered, but I don’t want to be viewed as being ‘lesser’ than I am, as being equal to the average person around me.
3. The people in my life need me to lead them, as they would be lost without the gift of my guidance in their otherwise disappointing lives.
4. I need to have full control over everything and everyone in my life, anything less is unacceptable.
5. I require loyalty from everyone that I allow into my life. It doesn’t matter how I may cross you or do you wrong in your opinion, you need to show loyalty at all times. This isn’t, however, a two-way street. I do not have the time to concern myself with being loyal to you in return.
6. I can understand that the people in my life genuinely need me, however, I don’t need anyone else. Each person in my life could disappear tomorrow, and I wouldn’t be any worse off. I don’t allow anyone to possess the ability to genuinely hurt me in that way.
7. Not only do I love myself, which I do, but I know that everyone else around me loves me as well.
8. If I am criticizing you publicly it is with the intention of helping you to be a better person, more in my image. Do NOT, however, criticize me. Doing so will cause me to come at you with a fit of anger and rage that you are unprepared for.
9. I recognize that rules and regulations have been put in play for a reason, however, these rules are to keep order among the ‘average’ people around me. I am above average, and as such, I am above the rules.
10. I am able to live and function in the here and now, putting the past behind me. This is what allows me to move on so easily from one person to another, as I don’t carry any hurts or feelings of abandonment from the past into my life today.
11. The people in my life should show complete interest in everything that I accomplish in life, and value my knowledgeable opinion.
12. At the end of the day, I am always right. I don’t need to apologize for my words or actions. If you took offense to something that I have done that is not actually by fault of my words, but your fault for how you chose to interpret them.
13. I am an incredibly busy individual, and as such, I don’t have the time or energy in my day to focus on what you are attempting to accomplish. Please don’t expect me to act interested in what you are working on.
14. I am amazing and flawless, the example of how wonderful a human being can be. I can only hope that the people in my life can appreciate this.
15. It’s not that I am trying to manipulate the people around me, however, I want things done my way because I know that my way is, undeniably, the right way.
16. There are few, if any, people in the world that can stack up to my knowledge, intellect, and talent.
17. I expect the people around me to show due gratitude every day for everything that I have done for them, regardless of how big or small my actions may be.
18. I honestly long for a world in which we were all created as equals, however, that is not the reality of the world that we live in. I have been created better, smarter, and more gifted, and I’m not afraid to remind people of that when needed.
19. I only spend my time and energy associating with the best of people, anyone else isn’t worth my time. This is a high bar, and most people in my life do not measure up.