Carrot cake hit the scene back in the ’70s. It quickly became a fan favorite. People loving how moist and fluffy it was. It was moist and filled with spicy aromas reminiscent of gingerbread, that people weren’t finding anywhere else It was regularly served with its perfect mate, cream cheese frosting. People were shocked to find it contained actual carrots. But that little tidbit only made it easier to convince yourself you needed seconds.
Carrot Cake Recipes
There are so many variations on the recipes of ho to mak the perfect carrot cake. I find myself drawn to those that contain pineapple. I feel it keeps the cake extra moist! Not to mention the added sweetness of pineapple chunks too!.
Carrot Cake Frosting
A carrot cake must for me is the cream cheese frosting. When the sweet spiciness of the cake meets up with the tart cream cheese, it’s a flavor miracle. And I love a good thick spread of it on top and between the cake layers. I sometimes wonder if I love the frosting more than the cake itself.
Carrot Cake: The Cookie
As if carrot cake wasn’t exciting enough, the idea of turning it into little cookies will steal the show. Moist little on the go little bites of heaven that you don’t even have to use a fork for.
Carrot Cake Cookies Ingredients
- 1 stick of butter or 113 grams
- one cup of brown sugar or 225 grams
- 1 egg
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- One cup or 130 grams of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- one cup or 90 grams of grated carrots
- 1 cup or 60 grams of oats
- ¼ cup of raisins (1)
- Cream together butter and brown sugar using a hand mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and blend the mixture until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine all the try ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and beat until completely blended.
- Grate the carrots and add to the batter with the oats and raisins.
- Use a large spoon to evenly fold everything in.
- Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to place the cookies on a lined cookie sheet about an inch or two apart. You want them to be as consistent is size as possible.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool. (1)
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients
- 120 grams or 4oz of cream cheese, softened
- 125 grams or 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of butter (1)
Place softened cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl and whip with a hand blender until smooth. (1)
Once cookies are completely cooled, create your cookie sandwiches by placing the filling in the center of the bottom cookie and then gently pressing the top cookie onto the filling to spread it to the edges. Yum.