These skin-crawling pictures show just why it’s so important to wash your hands amid the coronavirus outbreak.
The series of pics show how a person’s hand glows light blue before being washed.
It then shows hardly any difference after a “rinse and shakes”.
It’s only when the individual starts using soap that a difference is seen – with the hand no longer glowing with germs.
The gel product is rubbed onto the hands like a lotion before being exposed to UV light where it can show a simulated spread of germs.
How to wash your hands
These are the 11 steps you should be following every time:
- Wet your hands with water
- Apply enough soap to cover your hands
- Rub your hands together
- Use one hand to rub the back of the other hand and clean in between the fingers. Repeat with the other hand
- Rub your hands together and clean in between your fingers
- Rub the back of your fingers against your palms
- Rub your thumb using your other hand. Do the same with the other thumb
- Rub the tips of your fingers on the palm of your other hand. Repeat with the other hand
- Rinse your hands with water
- Dry your hands completely with a disposable towel
- Use the disposable towel to turn off the tap
If you do not have immediate access to soap and water then use alcohol-based hand wash if available.